Confessions of the Divine Miss K

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Who doesn't love a good survey?

There must be a meme going around or else Charkins is really bored at work because she said me MORE questions to answer. I am not bored at work but can never resist filling out a form, regardless of format. So here are my answers:

Favorite Jolly Rancher flavor:

It used to be green apple. Now I wouldn't suck on a Jolly Rancher if someone paid me. Instant headache and just bleeeech.

Favorite pair of shoes:

I love my new boots. And I still hold a special spot in my heart for my my soft gold wedge sandals that I could run a marathon in, they're so comfy. But the ones I would consider my favourite even though I don't wear them hardly at all are my hot pink satin stilettos with the bow over the toes. TOO CUTE. And I got them for cheap. But they're sassy and fabulous, and who doesn't want to feel sassy and fabulous!

Favorite picture of yourself:

A candid wedding shot that someone in the audience took during our ceremony, just after Adders and I signed the registry. I'm staring at him with the widest smile on my face and I just look ecstatic. It's the happiest I've ever seen myself, even though I didn't even realize I was that happy in that moment.

Favorite book you've read in the past two years:

God, I have no idea. Is it shameful to admit that I really enjoyed the Twilight series? Yes, that's pretty embarrassing. I've read a lot of good books, especially last summer. But now I can't remember a single one, forget naming a favourite. Oh, I know - The Thirteenth Tale. EXCELLENT book. Adders got it for me for Christmas last year and I really enjoyed it (reading it on the beach in Mexico may have contributed to that though!).

Hardest you've laughed in the past 6 months:

Another thing I don't remember. But I can guarantee you it was with Joel. It was probably the weekend when he and Tamara Lee joined Adders and me to play in the Bocce Tournament. That was pretty fun. Or some dinner table conversation at the 'Bin last summer. I always laugh the hardest when Joel is around.

Favorite thing to do on a Saturday:

Make waffles for breakfast! But even more than that, I love waking up and just lying in bed with Adders and throwing Lucy's squeaky toy around the bedroom as we cuddle under the covers and chat about whatever.

Best memory of Lucy:

Good grief. These questions are impossible. NO IDEA. I can tell you my favourite things about Lucy - how her bum wiggles when she's REALLY happy to see you, how she yawns when she gets excited, that even if you leave the house for less than 30 seconds it's still a major event when you return. But my favourite memory of her? No clue. I'll leave you with this memory - two years ago we went quadding down at Koocanusa in the river bottom. Now Lucers LOVES to chase the quad and so we let her but she got so covered in mud she was completely brown. It was just so funny to see this drenched muddy brown pint-sized dog chasing our quad to and fro.

Most memorable meal of the past year:

Last Valentine's Day, instead of going out, Adders and I went cross-country skiing and then came home and made our own batch of raviolis and meatballs and tomato sauce and it was HEAVENLY. The other meal that sticks out in my head is at this restaurant we went to in Montepulciano, Italy. We were the only people there (i.e. we were WAY too early as no true Italian would be caught dead eating out at 7:30pm) and so go the best table in the place. And Adders for whatever reason let us splurge. So we got the cheese plate and appetizers and main course and pasta and dessert. And even though I couldn't drink, I had to take a few sips of the champagne the maitre d' brought over. It was so delicious and just so memorable.

Favorite wine:

God, it's been so long I hardly remember! My favourite kind is Riesling. Sweet, crisp, white and lovely. And no it doesn't taste like Kool-Aid!

Things you have changed about yourself that you wish had stayed the same:

My hair! Although I didn't really change that. I'm not as anal about my weight anymore and while that may be a good thing in some regard, I'm certainly not as disciplined either, which frustrates me. I'm also not as big of a reader. I am in the summer, which is weird (I'm guessing it's all that lounging at the lake). But in the winter, when I'm certainly bored and starved for entertainment other than TV, I fill the time stupidly like with puttering around the house and being anal about housework. I'm trying to change that though and go back to always having a book on the go.

Best thing you've learned from your husband:

The value in getting along with people (not that I always do that) and that being laid-back and easy-going are tremendous virtues.

Worst thing you've learned from your husband:

Table manners (his are terrible and they're rubbing off on me) and spending too much time in front of the TV. I was raised in a strict no-movies on school nights environment.

What you eat most regularly for breakfast:

Cereal. Every morning. The cereal changes (Life, All-Bran; Special K; Shreddies) but it's almost always cereal.

How many times a week to do see your mom:

On average - 3 or 4?

Last time you went to the dentist:

Hmmm. No clue. Absolutely no idea. Late last spring I believe.

Favorite thing about your house:

It's cozy and cute and modern but still warm and inviting and personal but not too eclectic. I really do love it. It and the big backyard.

Next big trip you want to do (not Mexico):

Go to Greece with my entire family and rent a boat and sail around the islands. There has been talk about doing this for years but so far nothing has materialized. Also for whatever reason I want to go to Florida with Adders. Bizarre, I know. But I'd love to see the Florida Keys and check out Miami. And Adders has never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld...

Best wedding you've been to in the past year?

What a leading question. Seriously?!!! Charkins' wedding hands down. It was glorious and it featured ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home