Confessions of the Divine Miss K

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Conception

A year ago today, my husband came home for his lunch hour to find his unemployed, manic wife ovulating and ready to make a baby. Even though a short two days before we had decided that kids weren't in the near future, I had gone for a walk that morning and decided otherwise.

Maybe it was the hormones, maybe it was the fact that I had no job and no direction and wanted SOMETHING to focus on, or maybe it was Providential. Actually, it was all three. And so when Adders walked in that door at 12:00pm, I greeted him with lunch, watched him eat it and then as soon as he swallowed that last bite, I sprung the news on him. "I think we should have a baby." He looked startled but replied, "Well, okay." And I was like, "Now." "Now?" he said. "Right now. I'm ovulating. I might not be ovulating at 5pm. RIGHT. NOW."

Best lunch hour of his life. Best decision of mine.

Flash-forward a year and we are the proud, joyful parents to the most wonderful, funny, smart, gorgeous, lovely, bedimpled boy in the world. And I say that even after having gotten back from a walk where he screamed for over 25 minutes.

I never thought a year ago I would be having this much fun or be so in love. For once I get to thank my crazy hormones!

We love you, Rye Guy. God only knows how grateful I am that on August 11, 2009, you came into being.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home